First let me start by saying that all three of my kiddies have had parties at Chucky Cheese so I do patronize this establishment I just don't like it.(I know that doesn't make sense but when you have kids you do a lot of things you don't necessarily like). Some of the party experiences were good and some not so good. One not so good time was when Chucky was too busy dancing and playing around with his coworkers and completely ignored the children of which he/she was paid to interact with.
With that said I had the misfortune of attending ANOTHER "where a kid can be a kid" party Saturday and it couldn't end soon enough. The place was total madness. I felt my anxiety heighten the minute I stepped through the door. I knew it was going to be bad because it was after 12:30 and EVERYONE knows (or should know) in order to have a great time at Chucky Cheese you MUST go early. I'm talking 10:30 or 11:00 in the morning. We did this last year for my son and by 12:30 when the unruly kids showed up we were packing up and ready to leave, having spent an enjoyable anxiety-free couple of hours in an almost empty Chucky Cheese.
Another problem with Chucky Cheese is that some parents feel because they've stamped their kids hands at the front door they can lounge around and not watch their children. I've witnessed children pushing, shoving and skipping because there was no parental supervision. My husband and I take turns following our son around because you never know who's lurking in these "perfect kid havens" and looking for the opportunity to take your kid to the bathroom...catch my drift? I don't understand people who do NOT watch their children! It's a huge pet peeve of mines.
Of course we were the first guests to leave and I could finally breathe a sigh of relief when we were outside in the fresh air. Hopefully I won't return to that place for another year *fingers crossed*.
Ten Things I Can't Stand about Chucky Cheese
1. Pure chaos with wild children running every where.
2. No fresh air or ventillation.
3. If you inspect the carpet and overall restaurant closely you will notice how dirty the place is. I try to ignore all of the spilled food and soda because I'm convinced that carpet never gets steamed cleaned.
4. How do you serve MEDIUM pizza's with your party package knowing most kids LOVE pizza? Shouldn't a party get LARGE pizza's as part of the package? Total rip-off.
5. Chucky has gotten so lazy. They play a video and expect you to watch that for a duration until he comes around and does a brief Happy Birthday greeting.
6. Over priced and lacking in food and games. The salad bar is a joke...potato salad, macaroni salad, beets...nothing really special about it yet it costs $6.99 for an all you can eat. I suppose adding soup would be too much. I mean how much lettuce can one eat? Also, why do some of those ridiculous games take two and even four tokens? Come on now!
7. The pizza is OK...not great.
8. The drink fountain looks as if it's NEVER been cleaned and everything is open and available for all the grimy dirty kid hands to touch so your lids and straws are already contaminated.
9. Come to think of it is Chucky even clean? His costume looks kind of dingy to me.
10. It has a monopoly on children's birthday parties. Children immediately think of the gray mouse when you ask "where would you like to have your party?" The best parties to me are at home or the park but I've had to give in to the Chucky Cheese party three times (probably more) when puppy eyed kids begged for it. I really wish there were more competitive options.
What's your take on Chucky?